Maple Leaf Financial has been dealing with financial claims for over 10 yrs and yes we also deal with PPI claims. However we have never made a cold call, TV advert or Online ad.
We deal with YOU and not the sole purpose of running a Claim. We also look at conequential loss and compound interest that may be owed to you, something th “fly by night” PPI Claims Companies do not do, as this takes a working legal Knoweledge.
Should you wish to reclaim your PPI yourself, we provide all the necessary information for you below and on the site relating to different Banks and Finance companies.
How Much do PPI Claims Companies Charge?
When it comes to PPI claims, you need to know that you do not need to pay someone to reclaim your money.
With estimates of £9 billion being paid back by banks, and the claims management companies doing over half of those claims, this takes over 30 percent of each person’s money with each transaction making it a £1 billion industry or more. It is so profitable for these companies that they dominate the airwaves spending over £2 million every month to advertise.
Before you pay to use a claims company to regain your PPI, there are some things you should know.
- You can claim your own PPI for free.
- It is a lot easier to claim your PPI back than it used to be. Today, people are getting paid back after just one call or letter.
- You have no better chance of being successful with a claims company than you do without using a claims company. In fact, the guidelines state that claims companies should not make this suggestion at all.
- Many of the claims companies use templates that are similar to the ones you can find online for free.
- The prices a claims company charges is very high – up to 25 percent, plus VAT, of what you be getting back. For example, if you are due £5,000 back, you would pay £1,500 to the claims company to do the work for you.
- If you happen to be in arrears, be cautious of using a claims company. Many times, banks will take advantage of this and use the money to reduce or clear out the debt. If they do, you will never see your cash, but your claims company will still want their cut of the pay, so it will then come directly out of your pocket. This is one of the worst case scenarios.
- Some claims companies will add an upfront fee along with their win fee. Never consider paying an upfront fee. Always stick with a no win, no fee if you do choose to use a claims company.
- Watch out for claims companies that charge you on your future PPI savings. This can cost you a bundle of money.
- Many people sign up to have a claims company process their PPI and end up doing it themselves. The sad part is that you still have to pay the claims company. Most people start the claims process, become frustrated with the claims company and end up doing it on their own. The claims company still expects their fee.
- To make things a little worse, getting redress if things don’t go right is hard to do. Barring taking legal action against a company with their own legal power, you will probably find yourself stuck.
If you know all things and decide to use a claims company, then you are making a rational consumer choice. Maybe you are very busy, don’t have the time to do it on your own and you don’t mind paying the 30 percent + fee to get your money. If this is the case, it’s a good choice for you.
PPI Claims Company News
Step-by-Step Guide to PPI Claims for Alliance & Leicester
Although Alliance & Leicester has been ordered to send notices to customers who have been mis-sold PPI, the real number of customers the bank mis-sold PPI to by far surpasses those who have actually received notices. If you are uncertain whether you have PPI from Alliance & Leicester, check through all of the paperwork that you were given at the time of taking out the loan, mortgage, credit card account, or other financial agreement. If you find evidence or think you have been mis-sold PPI, read on to find a step-by-step guide on how to claim back your PPI from Alliance & Leicester.
PPI Complaints Mis-Handled, Lloyds Banks Admits
Lloyds recently announced that one of its centres specialsing in handling PPI complaints has produced obvious shortcomings. The announcement comes on the heels of discovering that a Times reporter went undercover at one of the bank’s notorious complaints handling centres.
Can I claim PPI on Barclaycard?
If you purchased payment protection insurance (PPI) with your Barclaycard, then you may be able to make a claim against the company. The PPI scandal has rocked the nation and resulted in huge numbers of PPI claims involving the UK’s largest financial institutions. Customers who were victims of mis-selling have a right to file a claim for monetary compensation.
The Real cost of PPI to consumers
The cost of the PPI bank scandal to UK citizens can be measured both in pounds and the falling trust that consumers have in their banking institutions.
Which? has recently released an opinion to the Parliamentary Commission on Banking Standards that characterized the Payment Protection Insurance scheme as “a poor product that was sold badly.” Which? is a group that campaigns for the protection of consumer rights and offers an independent view on various subjects.
Tim Capper reports on Financial Mis-Selling for Maple Leaf Financial. Our aim is to ensure you get honest advice and proper guidance to ensure a suitable recommendation can be made to pursue a financial claim
Latest posts by Tim Capper (see all)
- PPI Claims Currently Show No Sign of Slowing Down - December 10, 2014
- Swaps (IRHP) Determining the Level of Redress - November 3, 2014
- FCA updates PPI redress for 2.5 million old PPI complaints - October 27, 2014