PPI Claims Service
Maple Leaf Financial will work with you to ensure that you get the correct settlement or refund and any and all fair compensation that may be due to you as a result of PPI mis-selling.
We will deal directly with your PPI provider, be it a bank or insurance company and neither we nor our specialist claims team will be fobbed off by them at any stage. If their offer is too low or derogatory and they won’t take us seriously we will challenge them on your behalf.
Maple Leaf Financial will review your PPI Complaint and will be happy to discuss your individual PPI Claims and your requirements : 0800 043 3469
PPI Mis-selling , ‘Have we all been taken for a ride’?
The easiest way to understand this whole financial arena is to understand that the selling of Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) by the banks and insurance companies is very big business in the UK. It is also extremely profitable for them.
Where You Mis-Sold PPI?
You may have applied for a loan for a car or home improvement and the lender suggested or even insisted that you take out insurance cover to protect you against not being able to work due to ill health or an accident or to protect you against redundancy. PPI is commonly sold alongside many loans and is designed to help you if you are unable to pay your monthly repayments. It would pay out in order to meet the repayments on the loan, a very sensible move in these times.
However, The Financial Services Authority have recently admitted that there have been some serious failings in the way that PPI has been sold to consumers and this is where it all starts going wrong.
According to Citizens Advice Bureau you might be paying an additional 15% to 40% on top of your loan.
You may not even know or even actually need the cover or even worse, due to complexities in underwriting or exclusions you would not be eligible to claim when you need to.
You could be paying for a policy that you can’t rely upon?
How to Claim PPI
- I was not in work or I was self employed at the time of sale.
- I was told I had to take out the PPI policy at the time of the loan.
- I was not asked whether I had any other insurance which could cover the loan.
- I was not told I could buy PPI cover elsewhere to cover the loan.
- I was led to believe Payment Protection Insurance was compulsory.
- I was told I would stand more chance of being accepted if I took out PPI.
- It was not explained to me that there could be certain exclusions to the policy.
- I felt pressured into buying the PPI policy.
- I was being treated for a pre-existing medical condition or mental illness which was not discussed.
- I repaid the loan early and received no refund.
- I increased the loan I had and the PPI was increased automatically.
- The terms and conditions (small print) was not fully explained to me.
If you answer YES to any of these questions then you may have been mis-sold and you can make a claim to get back the proportion of your monthly loan payments that represented the PPI payments plus interest. There are many reasons why PPI may have been mis-sold to you in the first place.
Please complete our PPI Pack and we will be able to advise you if you have a complaint. This is an interactive form so that once the document is opened you will be able to complete all the details on screen, before printing and signing. Alternatively, you can print and complete by hand. For further information please see our list of FAQ’s.
Many people who have current medical conditions will be excluded from cover. Self employed, short term contracts and people of certain age limits will also not be covered under many policies. In these circumstances these policies should not have been sold as the insurance is inappropriate to the borrowers wants and needs. Some policies are so full of exceptions or Read more...